How to caring for Your Gold Plated Jewelry
Every piece of our goldplated jewellery is made with care from precious metals and natural gemstones. Following are instructions on how to make your jewelry last a lifetime:
- Always protect your jewelry from sharp blows, scratching, chemicals, sunlight, and heat/cold.
- Store your jewelry in a soft lined box or pouch with an anti-tarnish strip. Try to keep pieces apart so they don't rub together.
- Your jewelry will age and tarnish naturally so if you want to keep your pieces in pristine condition, clean your jewelry regularly, using a professional jewelry cleaning product. Always read the manufacturer's instructions.
- Be aware of tarnish which may occur as a result of oxidization, caused by the interaction of silver or gold plated jewelry with certain elements such as oxygen or sulfur as well as with certain acids.
- Never go swimming wearing your jewelry, as chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals and will erode gold jewelry.
- Avoid wearing while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities.
Keep silver jewelry away from harsh chemicals like household cleaning fluids as they create abrasions and reduce the luster of the metal. Cleaning silver jewelry is best done with a professional jewelry cleaning product. Thoroughly dry your silver jewelry after exposure to water.
Gold Plating will wear off over time - to have your jewelry replated, please contact us for a quote. Use non-abrasive cleaning materials. If a cleaning substance is too strong it may remove the gold.
Do not let your jewelry come into contact with nail polish removers, perfume or hairspray. Do not wear gold plated jewelry on a day to day basis, that way you will enjoy them for much longer. Frequently clean in a mild dishwashing liquid diluted in water.